Looking for post-surgical care, elderly care, chronic care, tracheostomy, urinary catheterisation care, wound care, injections, IV infusions, vaccination or other nursing assistance? Get all of this, and more in the comfort of your home by qualified, skilled and experienced nurses. To bring an experienced nurse at home, download the app iHomCare
What Home Nursing Care Means?
- Home nursing services encompasses a wide range of healthcare services that can be easily administered at your home. Home care nursing services are usually cheaper than hospitals and nursing homes, while being just as effective as the medical care offered in a hospital or nursing home.
- An in-home nursing service offers personalized nursing care at home as offered in a typical hospital while being more compassionate towards the patient and gets integrated into the patient’s family and develops an emotional bond with the patient and their family.
- The services offered by home care nursing are provided by registered nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists among others. And as such you need not worry on the quality of service offered by the “iHomCare”, home nurse.
- In the past, the phrases In-Home Care, Home Care, Home Care Services, Home Health Service and Home Health Care were used interchangeably. Today however, people have developed a better understanding towards Home Health Care or In-Home nursing service which is basically skilled nursing care whereas the term In-Home Care refers to non-medical care services like personal care and companionship and supervision.
When Do You Need Home Nurse?
The main goal of home nursing service is to treat an illness or injury. The home nursing services usually entails wound care for pressure sores or surgical wound, patient and care – giver education, Intravenous or nutrition therapy, injections, rehabilitation therapies and monitoring serious illness and unstable health status.
Post Surgical Care:-
Post-surgical care is critical, and includes everything from pain management & feeding to respiratory management & fluid management. Get well sooner under the care of our nurses, who will help you with all of this in the comfort of your home.
Did you know that the healing process varies depending on the wound type? Our nurses are experienced in handling varied types of wounds-post-operation surgical wounds, infected wounds and pressure sores and will accordingly provide appropriate wound care for a faster recovery.
Oxygen administration is required in both acute and chronic conditions like trauma, haemorrhage, shock, breathlessness, pulmonary disease, and more. Don’t panic if you require one. Call a Portea nurse home and sit back, while she does the needful.
Save yourself the trouble of travel and long hospital hour for a minor process like injection administration or IV infusion. Just book with us a home nurse and an experienced and registered nurse will come visit you at home to administer the required injection or IV infusion.
Get vaccinated at home and stay safe from infectious diseases. We provide vaccination for H1N1, Typhoid, Pneumonia, Hepatitis and more by qualified nurses at home. If you need book iHomCare Nurse.
Urinary Catheterisation Care:-
Our nurses are well trained and can help you with the process of Urine catheterization care at your home; be it catheter insertion, catheter removal or bladder wash. If you need book the iHomCare Nurse.
Nursing assistants, sometimes called nursing aides, provide basic care and help with activities of daily living. Listen to and record patients’ health concerns and report that information to nurses. Measure patients’ vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature. Serve meals and help patients eat.
Benefit of iHomCare Nurse
The benefit of home health care is plenty. Besides being convenient than getting admitted in a hospital or nursing home, the nursing care at home also helps a patient recover sooner, as it has been found that people tend to recover sooner from their illness or ailments when surrounded by their loved ones.
- Nursing care at home helps in managing chronic health conditions to avoid unnecessary hospitalization.
- It also supports diet and nutrition. Home health care nurses can be there to support the patient in your absence.
- It brings skilled nursing care in the comfort of your home.
- Home care nursing services also help in providing recovery care at home following a hospital stay for illness or injury.
- It is the cheaper to the hospitalization and save your time.
Expectation from Home Nursing Services
Home care nursing starts only after the recommendation of a doctor, and it is important for the patient to see a home nurse as often as a doctor. The nursing services as mentioned before are provided by registered nurses who help in ongoing medical support and rehabilitative care.
The basic medical attention one can expect from a nursing assistant are as follows:
- Home care nurses on their part check upon the medication, diet of the patient, take readings of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and breathing.
- Enquire about your health and any sort of pain experienced.
- Regularly check whether the patient is properly following the prescription and any other treatments.
- Check on the safety of the patient at home, whether any medical device is needed for the care of the patient and its feasibility at home.
- Educate the patient about self-care.
- And most importantly regularly co – ordinate with the doctor to provide a proper course of health care.
Cost of Nursing Care at Home
- The home nursing services are now much in demand owing to rising hospitalization charges, availability of quality health care services and the demand of the elderly who prefer familiar surroundings to sterile hospitals and nursing homes.
- The cost of home care nursing services varies depending on the criticality of the illness and the duration of the service sought. Nevertheless the cost of the home care nursing services has been found to be anywhere between 20% and 50% cheaper as compared to hospitalization.
- Looking at the growth of the home healthcare services, several insurance agencies have brought forth varied policies and coverage options that cater to various needs and specifications.
- The benefit period ranges from three to five years and is related to maximum daily benefit over the number of years in the benefit period. However, insurance covers only part of the total claims for specific products and services and the amount for home healthcare is capped.
- The cost of home health care insurance also depends on several factors like your residential area and the type of care you need. Contact your general insurance provider and enquire about their home health care policy and the premium they can work out for you.
Prepare for Home Nursing Services
Proper prior preparation for home healthcare is ideal to make the most of the at home nursing service. There are a few set of things that need to be done before you avail of the nursing services like;
- Create a personal emergency contact list.
- Create Contact list of your doctor or hospital.
- Make a list of the tasks expected from the nurse.
- Explain to the nurse any specific instruction you would like the nurse to know.
Nursing Agency Near Me
With the availability of nursing services at home, you no longer need to stress yourself about visiting a clinic or hospital and aggravate the injury. Just Google nursing services near me and make an appointment with qualified and experienced in-home nurses on iHomCare. You will get the best-trained nurses to help you in getting your normal life back as soon as possible.
Q. What are the things that an iHomCare nurse would do?
A – iHomCare trained nurse can assist you with post-surgical care, Tracheostomy, Urine catheterization, Suture removal, Wound care, Injections, Oxygen administration, IV infusion and more.
Q. How often a nurse will visit me?
A – The frequency of nursing visits varies depending on the patient’s needs and treatment plan.
Q. How qualified are nurses from iHomCare?
A – All iHomCare nurses are professionally trained and certified. Also, most of our nurses have ICU experience.
Q. Can I avail 12-hr or 24-hr or per visit nursing service?
A – Yes, we offer 12-hr – 24-hr & per visit nursing service at home for patients in need.
Q. How to avail iHomcare Nursing Services at Home?
A – You can hire the nursing services at one touch, now Download App & book the nurse. If face any problem to book the nurse see hiring process of app:
Visit website : https://syzygycare.com/
Hiring Request: https://syzygycare.com/request/hire-personal-caregiver